EV Buying/Leasing Experience Survey Results
In January 2016, EMC surveyed members and EV drivers to learn more about their EV buying/leasing experience. In total, 1,479 Canadians in 9 provinces and 2 territories participated
Here are some of our conclusions:
- More than 80% of respondents are currently driving an EV: 35% drive a Chevy Volt – 23% drive a Nissan Leaf – 5% drive a Tesla.
- 61% have bought their EV in 2014 or 2015 in a large urban population centre.
- The most useful source of information about EVs before buying one are other EV drivers, EV driver associations and blogs.
- 80% of the participants said their EV buying/leasing experience met or exceeded their expectations.
- More than half of the EV drivers visited only one dealership, and more than 20 % visited 2 dealerships.
- An EV was available to test drive for 75% of all EV drivers. For the 25% who could not test an EV during their first visit at the dealership, close to 60% had to wait more than 2 weeks for a test drive.
- More than 65% of EV drivers estimated that the salesperson reacted positively to their request of acquiring an EV.
Find all the results here.