Notice of Annual General Meeting and Call for EMC Board Nominations
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS
OF ELECTRIC MOBILITY CANADA (EMC) (the “Corporation”)
TAKE NOTICE that the annual meeting of the members of ELECTRIC MOBILITY CANADA (EMC) will be held by virtual meeting on the 7th day of June, 2022 at the hour of 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern, to do the following:
(a) to receive the financial statements of the Corporation for the fiscal period ending December 31, 2021, and the report of the public accountant thereon;
(b) to elect directors of the Corporation;
(c) to update members on the association’s activities;
(d) to transact such further and other business as may properly be brought before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
DATED the 10th of May 2022.
NOTICE TO ELECTRIC MOBILITY CANADA VOTING MEMBERS
CALL FOR BOARD NOMINATIONS
Our by-laws provide for the election of members of the Electric Mobility Canada Board of Directors at each Annual General Meeting. Our next Annual General Meeting is scheduled for 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Eastern Time) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 on a virtual platform.
Our by-laws further provide that only voting members can serve on the board of directors. Voting and non-voting associates are the following:
- Industry and Fleet (Vehicle Original Equipment Manufacturers, EVSE Suppliers, other product and service suppliers, municipal and public fleets, private fleets, public transit systems)
- Utilities (provincial, local distribution companies, municipal)
- Not-for-profit Organizations and NGOs (Research centres and universities, related organizations, labour organizations)
- Associate individuals (EV drivers and enthusiasts, students, individuals)
- Associate organizations (Government agencies at all levels)
Members are elected for a two-year term. The board can include a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 17 members. We are currently at 16 as per the table below which also shows that 9 of the 17 members have terms ending at this year’s Annual General Meeting, with a vacancy to be filled. We continue to strive for a diverse, inclusive, and representative board taking into consideration:
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Industry Knowledge/Experience
- Past Board Experience
- Strategic Value to EMC Organization + Board of Directors
Nomination Process and timelines
- Each nomination must be submitted using this link where you will be asked to submit;
- a short resumé of the nominee (1-2 pages);
- up to 200 words highlighting the nominees’ interest in joining the board and any previous board experience.
- If you wish to nominate another voting member, the consent of the nominee is required.
- Shortlisted nominees will be notified, and their application (resumé and summary) will be sent to all voting members prior to the Annual General Meeting. A vote will take place at the AGM.
- EMC reserves the right to follow up on any questions or clarifications.
5. Deadline for submissions is 12:00pm noon Eastern on May 24, 2022.
Electric Mobility Canada Current Board of Directors