EMC is recruiting: VP of Research & Policy
Context and Job Description
Electric Mobility Canada (EMC) is looking for a Vice-President of Research & Policy to support the staff in key functions and activities of the association, and to represent EMC in diverse committees and activities.
Founded in 2006, EMC is the national, membership-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated exclusively to the promotion of electric mobility. Its more than 150 active members represent the complete value chain in all fields and technologies of transportation electrification.
The Vice-President of Research & Policy will be asked to:
- Undertake research and analysis on various topics related to electric vehicles (EVs)
- Consult members, write position papers and briefs
- Act as an EMC spokesperson, where required
- Participate in consultations, working groups, and advocacy activities
- Participate in the implementation of EMC’s strategy and action plan
- Participate in the identification and solicitation of speakers at the annual conference and other activities
- Identify fundraising opportunities for EMC and undertake the work required to secure incremental funding
- Contribute to the growth of EMC.
Education, Experience and Key Competencies
- A university degree in Business Administration, Science, Environment, Engineering, or other relevant academic discipline.
- Relevant experience in the environment, transportation or renewable energy field or other related field combined with experience in government relations, and drafting position papers with many stakeholders
- Having achieved significant results by proven autonomy, self-motivated, good work organization, analytical mind, efficient written and oral communication skills
- Having achieved consensus in many strategic and operational proposals, comprised of diverse stakeholders, while demonstrating strong interpersonal relations skills with members/partners
- Demonstrated fundraising capabilities
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in French(spoken & written) an asset
- This is a full-time position
- The Vice-President of Research & Policy is expected to work remotely. The role can be filled from anywhere in Canada, with the occasional need to travel.
Contractual conditions and compensation will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 5:00 pm Eastern time on Friday August 17, 2018
All applications are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the job description in a PDF format.