Media Release – Electric Mobility Canada applauds the Government of Quebec on its bold plan for transportation electrification
(Montreal, November 16, 2020) – Electric Mobility Canada applauds the new plan for a green economy 2030 unveiled today by the Government of Quebec. Indeed, several of the plan’s elements related to the electrification of transportation will make Québec the most forward looking in this sector in Canada and one of the most daring in America, close to that of California.
Quebec’s transportation electrification objectives and measures include goals of:
- 1,500,000 Zero Emission Vehicles on Quebec roads by 2030
- A ZEV Mandate prohibiting the sale of light-duty gasoline vehicles by 2035
- 40% of taxi cabs will be electric by 2030
- 55% city buses and 65% school buses will be electric in Québec by 2030
- 100% of cars, vans, minivans and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) used by government departments, government agencies, the health and social services network and the education and higher education network, and 25% of pick-up trucks will be zero-emission vehicles by 2030
- Support for the electric vehicle battery industry
- The installation of 2500 fast chargers and 4500 level 2 chargers by 2030
Quebec will stand out as fertile ground for investments in transportation electrification and, as a result, the creation of future, quality jobs in this strategic sector.
“Considering that GHG emissions from the transportation sector represented more than 43% of Quebec’s total GHG emissions in 2017, that GHG emissions from road transportation increased by 49.6% between 1990 and 2017, the Quebec government had to act. It has done so. These measures, combined with other necessary measures such as investments in public transit, will make Québec a North American leader in the electrification of transportation. Electric Mobility Canada and its members will be there to support the Québec government in this exciting transition”.
President and CEO / Electric Mobility Canada
For infos and interviews: 514-883-9274 / email@example.com