Call for Nominations
November 4, 2020
Notice to Electric Mobility Canada Voting Members
Subject: Election of Directors at Annual General Meeting – December 16, 2020 – Deadline for nominations is Monday November 23, 2020.
Our by-laws provide for the election of members of the Electric Mobility Canada Board of Directors at each Annual General Meeting. Our next Annual General Meeting is scheduled for 3:00pm to 5:00pm (Eastern Time) on Wednesday December 16, 2020 on a virtual platform.
Our by-laws further provide that only voting members can serve on the board of directors. Voting and non-voting members are the following:
- Manufacturers or Industry
- Energy Providers
- Fleet Managers
- Not-for-profit organizations and academics
- Associate members (Government agencies at all levels)
- Industry association
Members are elected for a two-year term. The board can include a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 15 members. We are currently at 15 as per the table below which also shows that 7 of the 15 members have terms ending at this year’s Annual General Meeting. We therefore can elect another 7 members at our December 16, 2020 Annual General Meeting. We continue to strive for a diverse and representative board and encourage all interested members to apply. See process below.
Nomination Process and time lines
- If you wish to stand for election, submit your name to Maureen Shuell, COO, EMC, at the email address below before end of day Monday November 23, 2020.
- If you wish to nominate another voting member. The consent of the nominee is required.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by:
- a short resumé of the nominee (1-2 pages);
- the name of two other voting members who support the nomination; and
- up to 200 words highlighting the nominees’ interest in joining the board and any previous board experience.
- The nominations and application (resumé and summary) will be sent to all voting members in early December.
- Deadline for this is also end of day Monday November 23,2020.
Electric Mobility Canada – Current Board of Directors
|Breton, Daniel *||Association des véhicules électriques – Québec||X*|
|Carignan, Serge||Association du transport urbain du Québec||X|
|Charon, Maxime||Leading Ahead Energy||x|
|Guatto, Dan||Burlington Hydro||X|
|Klesmer, Ian||The Atmospheric Fund||X|
|Nikiforov, Gleb||Autochargers.ca Corporation||x|
|Pushkarna, Sanjeev||Nova Scotia Power||X *|
|Turner, Jeff||Dunsky Consulting||x|
*Daniel Breton and Sanjeev Pushkarna were appointed by the board to fill vacancies and according to the by-laws, their term ends at this year’s Annual General Meeting. When Daniel Breton was appointed President and CEO in March 2020 he resigned from the Board and was not replaced.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Maureen Shuell, COO, Electric Mobility Canada
Maureen.Shuell@emc-mec.ca (416) 898-5600