April 24-27, 2018
The Westin Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
Call for Abstracts
With the theme “Integrated e-mobility from coast to coast”, our call for abstracts focuses on the many aspects of transportation electrification with regards to intermodality, technology breakthroughs, and sustainable mobility.
For all modes of transportation – individual transportation, fleets, public transit and public transportation, specialized and commercial vehicles – EV2018VÉ solicits the presentation of your latest research results, technical developments, demonstration projects, practical and conclusive experiences, innovative business models, public policies, and strategies.
The abstracts will primarily be selected for oral presentations during the sessions. Some additional abstracts may be retained to be presented in other formats. Notification of acceptance is expected by no later than December 8th, 2017.
The following table lists the topics and subtopics for your abstract(s):
1 - Technology and Innovation
- Shared, connected and autonomous EVs
- Advanced batteries & fuel cell and other components
- Transit and trucks
2 - Infrastructure and Integrated Solutions
- Smart grid & storage
- Charging networks, fuel cell infrastructure and/or deployment
- Regulations & interoperability
3 - Consumers and Integrated Policies
- Promotion and outreach
- Evolution of programs and business models
- E-Mobility in cities & intermodality
- Enter title in ALL CAPS
- Maximum 175 words/950 characters, including spaces (minimum 50 words/275 characters)
- Text only; no special characters, images or tables (see Images below).
- You may upload 1 image to support your abstract.
- Use high resolution images to ensure clarity for publication
Presenter and Co-authors:
- Enter full name, organization, city and province/state for all authors below, separating each name by a semicolon (;).
- Add “(Presenter)” after the presenter’s name.
- 1 presenter per abstract
Example: Johanne Tremblay, Green Vehicles Coalition, Winnipeg MB (Presenter); John Smith, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC
- As usual, simultaneous interpretation will only be available at plenary sessions. All regular presentations should then be done in English at EV2017VÉ. We strongly invite you to submit your abstract in English, but you can do in French as well.
Editing Your Abstract:
- To modify your abstract details, go to the Submission page and click on the abstract ID number or title in the list.
Note: abstracts that have been submitted are no longer editable.
Biography and Photo:
- A 75-word biography (should be in English) is required for all presenters (see My Profile after login). A photo is requested, for use in the mobile app and/or conference web site.
- Only the submitter and address in the CC Email field will receive notification of abstract acceptance, presenter registration instructions and presentation schedule. Additional recipients can be added in the CC Email field (see My Profile after login).
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in concurrent sessions as part of the official program. Presentation length is 10-15 minutes, depending on the number of speakers accepted for each session. Presentation will be made in PowerPoint before an audience of delegates.
- The deadline for receipt of abstracts is Wednesday November 15th 2017 at 11:59PM ET (UTC-5). Abstracts cannot be edited or replaced after this date. Incomplete abstracts will not be submitted for review.
Review and Acceptance:
- All completed abstract submissions will be reviewed by the program committee. Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent no later than Friday December 8th 2017.
- Paid registration by presenting authors is required by Sunday January 21st 2018. If your registration is not complete by this date, your abstract will be removed from the conference program.
Authorization and Publication:
- By submitting an abstract and presenter/co-presenter details, the author authorizes Electric Mobility Canada to use, reprint and distribute same for marketing purposes.
EV2018VÉ Conference & Trade Show
April 24th to 27th, 2018 | The Westin Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Electric Mobility Canada (EMC) invites you to the 9th annual national event, taking place in Ottawa, Ontario from April 24th to 27th, 2018. Focusing on all modes of ground electric transportation, the EV/VÉ Conference and Trade Show is the most important and respected event in the EV industry in Canada.