Electric Mobility Canada regularly submits documents to the federal government in order to accelerate transport electrification in Canada. These include memoirs to parliamentary commissions, submissions to Canada’s Standing Committee on Finance, and others.
Areas of focus in 2018-2019
- Canadian Clean Fuel standard
Objective: Develop for 2019 a regulation for all fuels and alternative fuels, based on a performance mechanism, measuring carbon intensity by LCA, and recognizing regional differences
Learn more on the considerations for electric vehicle credit generation as established by the Clean Fuel Standard Multi-Stakeholder Consultative Committee.
- Canadian Electric Vehicle Strategy
Objective: Expanding the number of zero-emission vehicles on Canadian roads / Supporting the shift from higher to lower-emitting types of transportation / Including through investing in infrastructure
To learn more on the work done by EMC in the development of this strategy, click here.
- The Case For The EV Industry And A ZEV Standard (December 3, 2020)
- Document submitted by EMC to the Standing Committee on the Environment and Sustainable Development on electric vehicles (December 6, 2020)
- Speech Of The Throne Letter From Electric Mobility Canada (September 2020)
- Written Submission for the Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the Upcoming Federal Budget (August 2020)
- EMC Federal Budget 2020 Input Final (January 2020)
- Letter to the Prime Minister (November 2019)
- ZEV Support Policies and Programs (August 2019)
- Forecasting Canada’s Expected Demand for Low-Carbon Fuels and Electric Vehicles in 2030 (July 2019)
- Presentation to Senate Finance Committee (June 2019)
- Supply and Demand Policy for Zero Emission Vehicles (April 2019)
- Federal Pre-Budget Submission – 2019 (September 2018)
- Standing Committee on Transport (March 2018)
Government Relations Committee
This committee manages EMC’s advocacy activities on behalf of its members.
- Ken Bondy, Unifor-Canada
- Patrick Brown, Hydro Ottawa
- Andrea Brown, Ontario Power Generation
- Cara Clairman, Plug’N Drive
- Éric Deschamps, ATHENA Technolo-G INC.
- Patrick Desrochers, Nordresa
- Ted Dowling, BYD
- Suzanne Goldberg, ChargePoint
- Ian Jack, CAA National
- Catherine Kargas, Marcon
- Carter Li, SwtchEV
- Gleb Nikiforov, Autochargers
- Phil Petsinis, General Motors of Canada
- Matt Stevens, FleetCarma
- Jeff Turner, Dunsky Energy Consulting